Monday, January 11, 2010

Go-Green .....GSP Challenge

Our challenge over at GSP was to make any item of 50% recycled material well I think I did about 95% on this one. First I created the pages with plastic bags. I made them by cutting the front part with the store logo off . You will also have to cut the handles and the bottom seam off. This will give you a long piece of plastic which you will need to fold to a 5x7, I also used two bags per sheet so they we're thicker . Place them under some craft paper and melt them together with the iron, make sure you keep the iron moving. Cut the sheets down to an equal size. I then used Tim Holtz alcohol inks to color the pages.......oh so pretty.




For the album I took a box from the many scrapbook orders I receive........lol. I used one of the sides that already had a crease and made two more creases to create a flap for the front of the book. I then added a little latch and wholla!!! Don't you just love this little book.......I have to fill up the pages with pictures ASAP!!! Hope you all like what I've done. Love comments!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I think that book is so cool!
Carrie

Unknown said...

Wow - really cool plastic pages!! Way to go green!

Denni said...

What an awesome idea!! I just finished a 'recycle/ reuse/ repurpose' swap and oh how I wish I had seen your post earlier! But I am still gonna give this a try, too cool!! TFS!