Monday, February 16, 2009

Azari's Word Book

This is a word book that I did for my Great-niece she was born 3 months premature but by God's Grace and Healing hands she is doing great! Her name is Azari and I hope she cherish this book when she gets older.
I've done a lot of techniques in this one ex. the tag was made using the clear packaging from some of my scrapping supplies.....so don't throw them out.

I've add lots of spaces where my niece can put pictures or journaling. The top flap is another clear packaging scrap that I used acrylic paint and my favorite white pen for the doodling.


Here I've used once again my clear scraps and ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss and added some acrylic paint to give it some definition and the tag slips right behind it!



Here's a close up of the embossing and the tag all in place.



This page actually has six mats for pictures. I've added a few embellies but still have to finish this one up.





Here's one flap.






Here' s the other flaps 4 are pictured and 2 are on the bottom for a total of 6 mats! I have one more page in the book to finish but I wanted to share because I just thought it is turning out so pretty.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

You did a great job on the word book and I'm sure she will treasure it as she gets older. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Cherry47 said...

I wish you had added another "z". My daughter's name is spelled "AZZARI". I bet it is pronounced the same. May I get the cut file from you. I might be able to add another z. Thanks and its beautiful.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Everytime I see these word books, I look at how intricate and nicely done they are and I opt not to even try. That will be cherished forever. TFS.